Programme Manager (m/f/d), Morocco
GRC is currently seeking an experienced Programme Manager (m/f/d).
Together with the Moroccan Red Crescent Society (MRCS), GRC successfully implements programmes since 2012. The support to MRCS has been scaled-up after the devasting earthquake that struck Morocco on September 8.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for a relief and recovery operation implemented with funding from the German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO), GRC own funds and third-party funding. Activities address emergency needs of the earthquake affected population with relief distributions. The Programme manager will lead the transition from relief to recovery programming with a strong focus on community-based interventions. Additionally, this programme is complemented with efforts of capacity strengthening measures for MRCS.
Based in Marrakesh, the Programme Manager is supported by an experienced international team of delegates and local staff under the line-management of the Head of Office. The duty station is greenlighted for accompanied posting.
Starting date: 01.01.2024
Duration: 12 months with possible extension
Location: Marrakesh, with frequent travel to other regions of Morocco
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure planning, implementation and MEAL of all activities and programme components of the GRC intervention in Morocco together with MRCS
- Jointly with the MRCS, implement the relief and recovery activities of the response programme in Morocco according to the needs and vulnerabilities, taking carefully into consideration a comprehensive approach to the activities
- Provide regular project reports for internal and external use, including visibility in the project activities
- Ensure that project funds are being used and reported against in compliance with GRC and donor regulations
- Represent the GRC in relevant coordination meetings and networks
- Provide technical and managerial support, objective setting, performance management and personal development of Project Officers of national team
- Develop new project concept notes/proposals
- Support the GRC Head of Office in tasks related to the GRC operations, strategy, security and human resources management according to need
Required Competencies & Skills:
- At least 3 years’ experience in the field of emergency relief, humanitarian assistance, and/or recovery, with particular focus on community-based integrated programming
- Proven experience in project and budget management and in relevant sectors / response modalities e.g. capacity building, community-based DRR, community health and WASH etc.
- Proven Experience working with local partners; previous experience of working within the Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement is a strong asset
- Proven Experience in MEAL and reporting, including beneficiary communication, complaint mechanisms, beneficiary selection
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills as well as intercultural sensitivity, including managing expectations of different stakeholders in a balanced and diplomatic manner
- Willingness to work in a complex, insecure and dynamic environment and awareness and acceptance of the risks associated with this mission
- Experience in managing donor funded projects (preferably GFFO, BMZ, ECHO)
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with high cultural sensitivity, underpinned by substantial working experience in foreign contexts
- Oral and written fluency in English and French is a requirement; German and/or Arabic language is a strong asset
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
- Valid Driving Licence
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as an allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system until 03.12.2023
Please note that due to the travel and visa regulations and the guidelines of our partners in the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement certain vaccinations are required for this delegate position. Candidates on the short-list for this position will be asked to disclose their vaccination status.
We point out that the selection and nomination processes for this international delegate position may demand that information concerning your person be shared with involved Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement partners (IFRC, ICRC, National Society). This may include transmission into countries that do not apply data protection standards comparable to those of the European Union.